Three years ago, Elliott was in a bad place - he had just watched his business slowly fall apart, and was left with an unclear path of where to go next. It was at that point that Elliott discovered a maker space and an incredible community of creatives that would, over the next few years, become his family. Together, they’ve paved the way for other aspiring creatives and nerds to discover their inner ‘makers’, and of course, build really cool stuff.
The music in this episode is courtesy of www.bensound.com.
- Making It Up Atlanta - Elliott's show on Twitch TV airs every Tuesday evening and all day Saturday. They also have a YouTube channel, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Overworld Designs - Michelle's organization, and Elliott's partner in crime for Making it Up. (She does really cool work - check out this Gravity Gun from Half-Life 2, and Furiosa’s Bionic Arm from Mad Max: Fury Road.)
- Both Making it Up and Overworld Designs work out of MUTINY ARTWRX, a large for profit collective of artists and tradesmen in West End (find them on Facebook and Instagram).
- The Atlanta Cosplay Meetup - started by Elliott and Michelle
- The Society of Lady Makers Atlanta (Meetup group)
If you're interested in getting involved, get in touch with Elliott, Michelle, or us (we're happy to get you in touch with them!)