When Smaj moved to Atlanta, she brought with her a slew of stories ridiculous enough to fuel a standup routine. From getting bitten by a snake, to reporting at a welding rodeo, to catching a politician with his fly down, Smaj has seen it all. Tune in to hear these stories and more about improv and her career as a journalist.
The music in this episode is courtesy of www.bensound.com.
Mentions and More Information
- Dallas Comedy House - The improv and standup club in Dallas where Smaj first started improv
- The Village Theatre - Groot and Smaj's improv theatre in Atlanta. Come take classes and see a show!
- Atlanta Improv Festival - The improv festival that brings improv teams from all over the country to showcase their talents in Atlanta
- So Funny, It Doesn't Hurt - An article discussing the role improv may have as a therapeutic tool for those with depression and anxiety
- Comedic Improv Therapy for the Treatment of Social Anxiety Disorder - A peer reviewed manuscript highlighting the science behind using improv for the treatment of social anxiety disorder. For those that want a condensed version, check out this article
- Herald Democrat - Smaj's hometown newspaper
- Kueckelhan Rodeo - The rodeo where Smaj mentioned
- Smaj's Tumblr - Check it out for some of her great personal essays